Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Fight Song

The voices inside my head
I want to find them
There are voices in my head
But which one is really me?

There's a voice for anger
That I constantly fight with
It's an outrage
It's a constant struggle to
Conceal.

There's a voice for greed
That I must prove wrong
I must tell myself that I don't need what I long for
This voice makes it hard to show that I am caring
that I care about others
and what they want
This voice makes it hard to show that I'm not greedy.

There's a voice for adventure
That encourages me to have fun
Take a few risks
I like this voice
Except when it gets the best of me.
It pushes me to be daring
Sometimes Too far beyond my limits.

There's a voice for success
That urges me to reach farther
To push myself
to work with a stronger passion.
This voice gives me drive
And the energy I need
To keep up with my own thoughts.
The trouble is
I can't do everything the voice tells me.

There's a voice for fear
That makes me scared of anything
And everything.
This voice becomes overwhelming
It makes me worry
About what others think
About school
About success
And about my other voices.
This voice is very hard to overcome.

All these voices in my head
They overwhelm me
They speak to me time after time
But what I want to know is
Where is my voice
The voice that I can control.

Based from lyrics from the song "Fight Song"














No comments:

Post a Comment